When the brain goes blank, I can always fall back on a reliable practice ...I will count a few blessings I experienced this week.
- For my birthday, on Tuesday, which turned out to be a day of rest and relaxation in the midst of a very hectic week. My Facebook friends showered me with over 100 best wishes for which I am quite thankful.
- For my supportive and considerate husband who overcame his present condition's restrictions and arranged for me to receive a lovely basket of flowers on that special day.
- For the competent and capable talents of a young man who spent eleven hours over two days assisting me in cleanup efforts. Well, to be honest, I assisted him. I admire his confidence in keeping the machinery operating so the five dead trees lying across the fence were cut up and hauled away.
- For the encouraging words from my first reader of the recently completed novel Not Bound By Blood. This project started way back in 2000.
- For the strength and endurance to complete the gathering of brush piles and loading them on the trailer. After a summer spent mostly at a computer, it was good to be physically active again. Losing three pounds over those two days was a good thing also.
And perhaps, there will be time to start the research for a future project next week.
Post a Comment