Friday, January 18, 2013
18 Things With Jamie Ayres
When I found Jamie's blog I decided to give it a try. So here's eighteen things I'd like to do in the remainder of my lifetime.
1. Top of the list is to spend a summer in a little cottage somewhere on the Northeast coastline.
2. Would love to drive a red convertible; not necessarily own it; just want to drive around with the top down and my hair blowing in the wind.
3.Want one of my books to get noticed by Oprah Wnfrey or make the NY Times Bestsellers list.
4. I've always wanted to spend a month in Greece.
5. Someday I hope to reunite with my estranged grand-daughter Carlie.
6. To be able to play 'real' tunes on my guitar instead of just plucking notes.
7. Have a studio flooded with light in which to paint.
8. Take a riverboat trip down the Mississippi.
9. Buy myself a VW bug. Have always loved that car!
10.Turn my yard into a magazine-perfect spot.
11. Learn how to get organized and clear away the clutter.
12. Spend some time on the Big Island of Hawaii.
13. Take my husband to see the Grand Canyon.
14. And Niagara Falls.
15. Take a trip cross-country on a motorcycle.
16. Take all of my extended family on a cruise.
17. Take part in a scientific expidition to Antartica.
18. And last, but not least, spend more time appreciating the life I have instead of always wanting to change things.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Terrific list Jamie!ReplyDelete
I know you will do SOOO many of those things and when you do, you will think of this list!
Wishing you the best with crosses through the numbers once you accomplished each one!
Thanks for commenting, Michael. Having achieved the 70+ age group, I have to acknowledge I'm running out of time.Delete
Hi, Gay! Thanks for participating:-) Did you read that my MC in 18 Things is also named Gay? How cool is that! Loved your list . . . I just got back from a 5 day cruise and am aleady itching to go on another one. Was trying to convince my 12yo daughter that she doesn't really need braces--we could just go on another cruise instead, hahaha.ReplyDelete
Thanks Jamie. I didn't expect it to be so hard to come up with 18 things but it..took...work!Delete
number one definitely sounds delightful :)ReplyDelete
Thanks for your comment, sjp. Having grown up in Conn and being able to walk to the beach (however, a long walk even in my youth!), I can think of no better way to spend a summer. And yes, it would include lots of reading, writing and wave-watching.Delete
Love your list! The top one is great! I might have to add it to my list too. I think it's be such a great place to relax and read or write. :)ReplyDelete
Love number 18, I do that too, way too much!ReplyDelete
You'll get there!
Thanks for your comment, Yolanda. As I approach the later years of my life, I'm amazed at how many things I thought so important have flitted away from my life.Delete
NY Times Bestseller, learning to play an instrument, and owning a VW Bug. Ah, you are after my own heart. Reading your list reminds me of other goals I have had and do have. Number 5 is especially poignant to me, and I hope that you are reunited someday. Great list :)ReplyDelete
Hi Poisoned Rose, thanks for your comment. There are so many things I've accomplised in my life that I never even considered happening that I find my Bucket List consists of simple pleasures. Re-establishing with my granddaughter who was adopted out of the family would be joy unspeakable.ReplyDelete